Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Spare a Thought for the Atheists

The subject of God came up in connection with the massacre at Sandy Hook school in Newtown, CT. God, gods, spirits, angels- anything supernatural is the construct of the human mind. Did you see the ghost of a deceased loved one? So have I. Only later I realized I was asleep- a dream- a fancy of brain chemistry.

 You may think you are selfless and giving when you pray for someone. In reality you are just patting yourself on the back for… nothing. Words and good will are meaningless, to say you are praying for me is the ultimate insult. Nothing would send me to an early grave as soon as waking in a hospital bed to see a priest (the Church I left). Do me and millions (billions?) more a favor and keep your prayers to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment